Konkan Railway Recruitment 2018
Recently Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) has announced Recruitment for 100 Group D posts via online mode. In group D Konkan railway has following vacancies in Trackman, Khalasi, and Apmen. Interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format on or before 21 June 2018.
Konkan Railway Vacancy Details
- Trackman – 50 posts
- Apman – 37 Posts
- Khalasi Electrical – 2 Posts
- Khalasi S &T – 8 Posts
- Khalasi Mechanical – 3 Posts
Last Date of Online Application – 21 June 2018
Education Qualification for KRCL Group D Posts – 10th Pass Candidates can apply
Age Limit – 18 to 31 years. The lower age limit is common for all the notified posts. The age shall be reckoned as on 01.07.2018. The relaxation in upper age limit for the following categories/ communities in the table below is applicable subject to submission of requisite certificates at the time of DV.
Selection Process for Group D Posts – Candidates will be selected on the basis of CBT (Computer Based Test), PET (Physical Efficiency Test) and DV (Document Verification).
Konkan Railway Group D Exam Application Fee
- General – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWD Female/Minorities/Economically Backward Class – Rs. 250/-
The scale of pay – Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with other allowances as admissible under the CDA scale.
How to apply for KRCL Group D Jobs 2018?
The application process is very simple. Candidates who want to join Railway department in Konkan railway can apply through the online mode on or before 21 June 2018. After submitting the online application, the candidates are required to take a printout of the online application for future reference.
Konkan Railway Recruitment Process
The candidate shall make online application only through the link provided on the official
website of KRCL.
The recruitment process shall involve, CBT, PET, and DV. The date, time and venue for CBT, PET, and DV or any other additional activity as applicable shall be fixed by KRCL and shall be intimated to the eligible candidates. Request for any modification in this regard shall not be entertained.
- CBT: The CBT is tentatively scheduled in the month of August – 2018. The CBT is of screening nature and the standard of questions for the CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards as mentioned.
Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBT.
1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong
CBT Exam – Qualifying Marks
The minimum percentage of marks required to qualify for further process shall be as
follows for various categories: UR -40%, OBC-NCL/SC/ST – 30%.,PWD (UR-38 %,
CBT Exam – Pattern and Syllabus
Duration: 90 Min,
No of Questions: 100
CBT Exam Syllabus
- Mathematics: Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and
Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance,
Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and
Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations,
Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions,
Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science: The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 7 th standard level.
- General awareness and current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports,
History, GeographyCulture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other
subjects of importance.
How To Download Konkan Railway Group D Exam Hall Ticket?
Candidates can verify their eligibility status from the website of KRCL. SMS and email messages will be sent to all eligible candidates about the e-call letter details. Eligible candidates can download e-call letter from KRCL website about 10 days before the date of the CBT, PET, DV (as applicable)