- 1 RRB Group D Recruitment 2018: Apply online for 62907 Vacancies
- 2 RRB Railway Group D Jobs: 62907 Vacancies
- 3 RRB Recruitment 2018 Group D Notification
- 4 RRB Group D Exam Pattern
- 5 RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2018
- 6 RRB Group D Exam Syllabus 2018
- 7 Download RRB Group D Exam Admit Card 2018
- 8 RRB Group-D Exam Result
RRB Group D Recruitment 2018: Apply online for 62907 Vacancies
Indian Railway has the highest number of Employee in India and biggest Government Organisation, still, there are many vacant posts in different categories like ASM, ALP and Group D posts. This time to improve railway performance and to provide good service to Indian citizen RRB Board has decided to recruit more than 1 Lack Vacancies in Assistant Locopilot and Group D Posts all over India. In the previous post we have discussed RRB ALP Recruitment Process 2018 with RRB Exam Pattern and Syllabus and in this post, we will discuss about Group D recruitment Process, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria and Previous years Cutoff marks. So, stay tuned till the end.
RRB Railway Group D Jobs: 62907 Vacancies
Applications will be accepted ‘online only’ from 07-02-2018 to 31-03-2018 (Extended Date). Candidates who want to join Indian railway in Grade 3 posts need to login to www.indianrailways.gov.in and click on opportunities/ career/ recruitment button. The Important instruction for filling of online application are as follows:
RRB Recruitment Group D Exam Fees
|Sr. No.||Candidate Category||Fees|
|1||For all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below at Sl No 2||Rs.500/-|
|2||For Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class.
*This fee of ` 250 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges as applicable, on appearing in First Stage CBT.
RRB Recruitment 2018 Group D Notification
According to the RRB Notification CEN_02_2018 the main details regarding Recruitment Process are as follows in the given Table:
RRB has EXTENDED the LAST ONLINE APPLICATION DATE from 05-03-2018 to 05-03-2018
|Recruitment Dept.||Group D|
|Age Criteria||18-31 Years|
|Education Qualification||10th OR ITI From NCVT/SCVT|
|Starting Date of Online Application||10-02-2018|
|Ending Date of Online Application||31-03-2018 [Extended]|
|Admit Card||Available Soon|
|Exam Date||Probably in August 2018|
|Result Announcement||Probably in December|
RRB Group D Exam Pattern
RRB Group D Exam will be taken in 2 Stages:
Stage-1 : Computer Based Test
Stage-2 : PET Test
Stage-1: Computer Base Test
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories : UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%.
- Question Papers consist of multiple-choice objective type questions
- There will be negative Marking as for every wrong answer and 1/3 marks will be deducted.
|Serial Number||Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|1.||Mathematics||100 Questions in total||90 minutes|
|2.||General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|4.||General Awareness of Current Affairs|
Stage-2: PET Test
Candidate needs to undergone by PET test if he/she clears Test-1 which is a computer-based test. The requirements of PET test are as follows:
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down||Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down|
|Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in 1 chance||Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in 1 chance|
RRB Group D Eligibility Criteria for Online Application
RRB Group D Age Criteria is as follows:
|Candidate Category||Notified||Revised Age|
|UR||31 years||33 years|
|OBC||34 years||36 years|
|SC||36 years||38 years|
|ST||36 years||38 years|
- Candidates must hold the degree of 10th Pass OR ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT or equivalent OR National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT for the post of Helper/Medical, Hospital Attendant, Assistant Pointsman, Gateman, Porter/ Hamal/ Sweeper cum porter
- For Remaining Other Posts 10th pass plus NAC granted by NCVT OR 10th pass plus ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2018
RRB Group D Selection Process Consist of 3 Stages:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TESTS (PET) (Candidates need to clear Stage-1 to Appear for PET)
- Document Verification and Empanelling of selected Candidates
Computer Based Test Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests
|No. of Questions||Total Time|
|2||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
There will be negative marking for every wrong answer in the CBT. The penalty of 1/3rd of the marks is allotted for each wrong answer given by the candidate.
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TESTS (PET)
Candidates who have successfully cleared stage-1 Exam can appear for PET Test for phase-2. PET consist of the following Process:
|S. No.||Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|1.||Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.||Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.|
|2.||Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.||Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.|
RRB Group D Exam Syllabus 2018
All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test on the specified date, time and venue as per the e-call letter to be downloaded by the candidates from the websites of RRBs. The information about the e-call letter download shall be communicated through the websites as well as personal email communication to the candidates. For the Computer based test the Exam Syllabus is as follows:
Total Duration : 90 Min,
No of Questions: 100
Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%. These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
Question Type and Syllabus: The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to:
- Mathematics: Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and reasoning Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level.
- General Awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
RRB Group-D Salary
Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of ₹18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
Download RRB Group D Exam Admit Card 2018
To know the details of RRB ALP & Group D Exam Admit Card Check out given Posts:
|RRB AHMEDABAD||RRB AJMER||RRB ALLAHABAD||RRB BHUBANESWAR|
|RRB BANGALORE||RRB BILASPUR||RRB BHOPAL||RRB CHANDIGARH|
|RRB CHENNAI||RRB GORAKHPUR||RRB GUWAHATI||RRB SILIGURI|
|RRB SECUNDERABAD||RRB MUMBAI||RRB RANCHI||RRB MALDA|
|RRB PATNA||RRB JAMMU||RRB KOLKATA||RRB TVM|
Candidates who have applied for Railway Recruitment 2018 Exam will be issued Admit Card for the first stage of CBT. Railway board will issue separate Admit Card for Stage 1 CBT and Stage 2 CBT. The candidates who have successfully qualified in Stage 1 CBT of Railway Recruitment 2018 will be issued Admit Card for Stage 2 CBT
To log in to the official website of Railway Recruitment Board, a candidate should have:
- Registration Number/Roll Number
- Date of Birth/Password
All the future correspondence with respect to this exam such as admit card and scorecard can only be downloaded with the help of these.
RRB Group-D Exam Result
The result of Stage 1 and Stage 2 CBT of RRB will be announced after conducting the examination. At first, the result of Stage 1 CBT will be announced.
Candidates who have qualified Stage 1 CBT are only permitted to appear in Stage 2 of Railway Recruitment 2018 Exam. Result for Stage 2 CBT will be announced after the examination for the same has been conducted. After the declaration of result candidate will be notified for further process.
RRB Regional Boards